If you have a smorgasbord of printer makes and models of different ages and capabilities, you’re probably missing out on some key efficiencies. MPS software will analyse your current printers, how much they’re used and how old they are. Devices more than five years old often require more repairs, experience prolonged downtime and frustrate users.
- An MPS program will recommend measures to right-size the fleet. Less variation in printers provides a consistent experience for users who print to various devices throughout the office, makes servicing easier and minimizes supplies that must be stocked.
- An MPS program can monitor individual printer use and, based on the manufacturer’s recommended monthly page volume (RMV) for each device, identify devices that are either underused or overused. Then you can optimize your printer fleet accordingly to reduce downtime and the need for repairs.
- By understanding how and what your employees print, an MPS program can recommend areas for cost savings. For example, if documents can be printed in black-and-white and both the side of paper, you can prioritize mono duplex devices, which cost less to print to than colour machines.
Save Time & Money:
In many businesses, keeping the printer stocked and ready falls to information technology and office managers — people who have many other demands on their time.
- An efficient MPS program provides access to experts who can offer immediate help over a dedicated service line and then, if needed, offer quick service and repairs in the office.
- Device management software tracks printer usage, repair needs, and ink and toner levels so technology staff and office managers aren’t frequently distracted by printer maintenance.
- With automated purchasing, printers won’t be out of commission for hours or days while you wait for supplies to show up.
- The MPS investment is paid in one monthly bill, rather than in a slew of unpredictable expenses.
Printing has a larger office footprint than you might realize.
- Right-sizing your fleet will free up real estate that used to be taken up by underutilized printers.
- An MPS program automates supply purchasing so you buy only what you need, when you need it. You’ll no longer have to stock excess supplies such as paper and toner cartridges, creating extra space in your cabinets. And you don’t buy supplies you won’t end up using.
Reduce Print Cost
Every busy company don’t know how expensive printing services are. Between printing, copying, and faxing, the average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of paper each year. Depending on the size of your team, this figure can multiply quickly, affecting your printing costs and your bottom line. With Managed Print Services (MPS), companies can reduce printing costs, translating into significant savings for your business. By helping organizations gain control of their printing expenses and uncover hidden savings, MPS can lower printing costs by as much as 30 percent.
Increase Productivity & Efficiency
Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to shed some truthful light upon a situation. While your company may believe that their office equipment devices are set up in a manner that maximizes efficiency and contributes to an overall better workflow, it actually may do the exact opposite. MPS professionals are trained to scout out the common mistakes in office print infrastructure configurations and address them with strategic solutions. For example, while it may seem like a good idea for every employee to have his or her own printer, it is actually much more productive and cost efficient to have one network multifunction printer in the office.
Reduce waste and Corban Foot Print
In today’s business world we’re all concerned with the changes happening on our planet. Sustainability is a goal we can all strive for which can not only help the environment, but can offer other significant benefits like reduced costs. However, going green is about more than tossing your water bottle into the recycling bin or turning off a light switch. Sustainability at the organizational level is a multifaceted process that can be helped along with Managed Print Services (MPS).
Managed Print Services enables you to protect your printing environment by securing your printers both physically and digitally. An initial assessment of your printing environment will enable your MPS provider to identify any security vulnerabilities in your existing devices and policies. Authentication will enable you to control access to your printers and their functions at the group, individual, and activity level. Keeping your printer software up-to-date ensures that you are always operating the system’s latest version with the most up-to-date security patches. Implementing sign-in procedures and pull printing will prevent printed documents from being abandoned at devices or picked up by someone other than the person to whom the printed document belongs. Automatic hard drive wiping functionality can purge electronic copies of sensitive data saved to your devices.In order to keep your sensitive business information safe, your printers need to be secure. MPS provides you with the ability to protect your data with the help of security professionals.
Auto Supplies Replenishment
It is commonly known as ASR, a service that utilizes usage data transmitted remotely by software. Through an algorithm, ASR will order toners / waste toner bottles / inks automatically for the registered devices, with limited manual intervention. This service can be available for most devices installed at your premises – irrespective of variety of Make, wheresupplies are included as part of the bundle offering.
Pro-active Device Services
MPS Pro-active device service tool gives pre-alert by monitoring devices which are connected to network and help to identify upcoming manageable issue and reduces service calls which will convert to employee efficiency.
Old technology can guzzle energy. As technology improves and becomes more energy efficient, an MPS provider can help you upgrade your fleet to keep your technology on the cutting edge while reducing your carbon footprint.
With the Mobile Print Solution, employees stay productive wherever they are, and documents stay secure.The mobile print app locates printers within a shared print network, and securely sends the print job to that location.Mobile print enhancements are available on iOS& Android both mobile devices. It integrates with Secure Card Readers and Follow You printing for unified user experiences. Additional enhancements include web page printing, media selection, global deployment and many document types.Flexible delivery models minimize IT impact. Xerox can deploy and manage either on premises or via the cloud.
Mobile Print Solution can help you when
- Your work force is travelling or dispersed across office, home and public workspaces.
- Employees need to print directly from their mobile devices without a lot of steps of effort.
- Mobile workers need to maintain document quality and security.
- Company wants to improve productivity of your mobile workforce with minimum impact on IT resources.
- Company wants to embrace the “Always On” workplace instead of frustrated by it.
There’s no denying that Managed Print Services (MPS) offer a lot of value for small and midsized businesses (SMBs). As these organizations increasingly move to the cloud, managed print helps create safe, efficient document processes within cloud-based delivery environments.
How One Company Can Improve
Most employees don’t give much thought to the cost of printing or its environmental impact. The data gleaned in an MPS assessment can help you communicate clearly about your office’s environmental footprint. MPS will also identify opportunities for sustainability.
- An MPS program can direct you toward environmentally friendly supplies, such as remanufactured toner cartridges that work with your machines.
- MPS includes the implementation of security measures at the device level, such as encryption and requiring a PIN or fingerprint to retrieve documents. MPS software has no access to the content being printed, faxed or scanned, only to the attributes of the print job itself.
Managed Print Services (MPS) can take customer’s infrastructure from basic to ultimate. MPS is not just about printers. MPS is everything related to printers, their output, supplies and support, the way you make use of documents, and the people as well as processes that overlap with each of these.
MPS helps you get visibility and control of document processes and their costs. This finally saves money, automates steps, boosts productivity, and improves document security and environmental sustainability.
IDEAL PROCESS TO IMPLIMENT MANAGE PRINT SERVICES
Step 1 – Assessment : Initial site review > Verification and analysis > All-inclusive proposal > All-inclusive agreement.
Step 2 – Optimisation : Pro-active device monitoring > Print assessment optimisation > Asset deployment
Step 3 – Ongoing Analysis : Monitoring Analysis > Quarterly review > Technology refresh
Step 4 – Services & Supplies : Remote Device Management > Automated meter reading & billing > Supply management / Replacement > Automated service call
Step 5 – Single Source : One Technology & Service provider > One invoice – simplified accounting > One call Service & Support > Manage and minimise Print Cost over a time.